Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh Hai.

This whole blog thing seems a bit strange to me but who knows? I may learn to like it. Since this is supposed to be showing off my fantastic art skillz, let's get on with it.



This as you might have noticed, is my banner. It's also the result of my LOTR based project in one of my classes last semester.




This one is based on a level that our teacher, Alex Ahilov created for us to design concept elements for. Our class decided to go with the theme of an abandoned Maya city. The process for this was making a screen capture in the level and then painting over it; adding light sources, details and defining structures to the city. This transformed it from a city of blocky towers to one with a distinct Mayan feel.

That's all for tonight, hope to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment